Pages

Monday, October 08, 2007

Recent Buying Trip

Recently my friend Lisa (who is also a fabulous dealer at Luckett's) and I went on a great buying trip together, so I thought it might be fun to give you a peak at our day! I love going on buying trips with Lisa, we shop, we talk, and eat alot of food, it's a blast!! We hit about 4 or 5 different shops/flea markets that day looking for treasures, I was only able to photograph a couple of them because most of our time was spent shopping, and umm... eating. :)
Here's a rare photo of me, I hate getting my picture taken, cause I always look stiff and awkward. If you ever saw the episode of "Friends" when Chandler has to get his picture taken, well ... that's me. Anyway, I found this beautiful print of Mary, with a sacred heart, a little hard to see but beautiful!



This is the shop owner of the first shop we went to, check out the wall full of old tins behind her! Lisa got the pretty fluted silverplate teapot on the right, I bought the simpler one on the left.


My old friend Pete, owns this shop. He specializes in old and rare books and always gives us a great deal as Lisa and I are always looking for "pretty books", but not necessarily rare ones. This is a cute little book nook, that Pete created at the back of his shop, he has comfy couches in it so you can relax and read.


At the end of the day we had worked up quite an appetite. No small portions here!!




I spread out some of my finds when I got home for you to see. I always look for antique ironstone china, transferware and silverplated pieces, as well as old paper items. All of these went straight to the shop the next day, quite a few of them are sold already, but there are still a few treasures left. ;)

No comments: