Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lavender Farm - Sonoma County Trip

Last week I was on vacation, visiting my parents at their home in Sonoma County, California. Mom & Dad took me to Matanzas Creek Winery in Santa Rosa and we toured their beautiful Lavender gardens. I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the photos of the gardens.

The scent of the Lavender was out of this world, I wish you could smell it!


The orange umbrellas above were quite a striking contrast to all the purple.


I love how the Lavender mounds and the rows were so pretty!


There were several of these pink Gladiolas scattered about, this shade of pink was just gorgeous against the purple.
This hedge went on for quite awhile. I love the shape of it and the texture!


A lovely pale pink Water Lily.


Gorgeous deep pink Water Lily's.

This was the little water garden where the Lily's were growing. Beautiful stone work!

Right behind this spot, was a lovely grove of Oak trees and a picnic area where we enjoyed out lunch!

Amitiés Sincères,

8 comments:

Not the Good Scissors! said...

The Napa-Sonoma area has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I am very fortunate that, that area is just a day trip for us. When you drive through it you feel as if you are in a magazine. It so picturesque.
Susan

icandy... said...

Lovely lavender and lilies!

Happy day!
Christina :)

Janee said...

Karen,
What a beautiful blog you have! I'm a little partial to your last post, as I'm from Sonoma. Lovely pictures~! I look forward to being a follower!
~Janee

Karen from A`Musements said...

What a little EDEN you visited, Karen.... how beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your family, and the weather isn't too warm~~
xoxo
Karen

Karen Valentine said...

Hello my bloggy friend! WooHoo!!! Party day is just a week away! I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's creative spaces. I have a request... I thought it would be easier for everyone to leave comments if we all turned off comment moderation and word verification during the day (or maybe week) of the party. To do that, go to customize, settings, comments...then scroll down to turn off comment moderation and word verification.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week. See you next Friday!!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Aimee said...

Everything is so gorgeous!!!

Beautiful Pictures...

Kasey said...

beautiful.
xo

Delightful Dwelling said...

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!